Explore the Opera Rara catalogue of recordings that have been created by a company dedicated to the highest standards of musical scholarship and performance. Our playlist choices give you the chance to sample a small part of this outstanding body of work and we hope will tempt you to explore the catalogue further.
You are listening to:
1. ‘Di gioja, di pace’ (Giacomo Meyerbeer: Emma di Resburgo) – Bronwen Mills, Paul Nilon, Diana Montague, Geoffrey Dolton, Maria Bovino, Harry Nicoll, Philharmonia Orchestra, David Parry (conductor) from Meyerbeer in Italy (ORR222)
2. ‘Vous ne sauriez me plaire’ (Jacques Offenbach: Vert-Vert) – Jennifer Larmore and Toby Spence, Philharmonia Orchestra, David Parry (conductor) from Vert-Vert (ORC41)
3. ‘Addio ai viennesi’ (Gioachino Rossini) – Lawrence Brownlee, Malcolm Martineau (piano) from Rossini Songs (ORR248)
4. ‘Linda!… Si ritirò’ (Gaetano Donizetti: Linda di Chamounix) – Stephen Costello, Orchestra of the Royal Opera House, Covent Garden, Sir Mark Elder (conductor) from Linda di Chamounix (ORC43)
5. ‘Tu l’amor mio, tu l’iride’ (Gaetano Donizett: Caterina Cornaro) – Carmen Giannattasio, Colin Lee, BBC Symphony Orchestra, David Parry (conductor) from Caterina Cornaro (ORC48)
Discover a wealth of diverse and beautiful music from Opera Rara’s exceptional catalogue with works by Donizetti, Rossini, Bellini, Offenbach Meyerbeer and lesser known composers including Jean-Baptiste Wekerlin, and Vincenzo Lavigna. Featuring international artists including; Renée Fleming, Bruce Ford, Jennifer Larmore, Toby Spence, Nelly Miricioiu, Krassimira Stoyanova and José Bros, to name just a few. From full operas, to albums of arias and ensembles and our critically acclaimed salon series – Il Salotto – there’s a wealth of music that Opera Rara has discovered through our tireless research into the world of 19th century rare opera and song. Our playlist choices give you the chance to sample a small part of this outstanding body of work and we hope will tempt you to explore the catalogue further.