- Ricciardo e Zoraide, Act I: Aria: S'ella mi e ognor fedele - Qual sara mai la gioja Various Buy Track 0:34
- Ugo conte di Parigi, Act II: Part III: scena and Aria: Prova mi dai, lo sento Various Buy Track 0:34
- Orazi e Curiazi, Act I: Aria: Qual prece o voto, formar portremo? - Di quai soavi palpiti Various Buy Track 0:34
- Maria, regina d'Inghilterra, Act III: Aria: M'amo' qual aman gli angeli Various Buy Track 0:34
- Dinorah, "Le pardon de Ploermel", Act I: O puissante magie! Ivresse de mes sens! Various Buy Track 0:34
- Margherita d'Anjou, Act II: Aria: Che mai giova il serto? - Incerto palpito Various Buy Track 0:34
- Virginia, Act III: Sulle materne ceneri Various Buy Track 0:34
- Alessandro nell'Indie, Act I: Aria: Se possono tanto due luci vezzose Various Buy Track 0:34
- Parisina, Act I: scena and Cavatina: Forse, un destin che intendere dato ai celesti e solo?Qual suon Various Buy Track 0:34
- Ermione, Act II: Reggia Abborita? Ah come nascondere Various Buy Track 0:34
- Vert-Vert, Act III: Duet: Faut-il en faire le serment Various Buy Track 0:34
- Robinson Crusoe, Act II: Waltz Song: Take me away to the one I adore Various Buy Track 0:34
Celebrating 40 Years… Then and Now
£3.00 - £9.99
Featuring some of Opera Rara’s finest singers, this disc is dedicated to Sir Peter Moores and the Peter Moores Foundation in recognition of their invaluable support over the years.
Featuring some of Opera Rara’s finest singers, this disc is dedicated to Sir Peter Moores and the Peter Moores Foundation in recognition of their invaluable support over the years. Since its foundation four decades ago, Opera Rara has enriched the lives of generations of opera lovers and has altered perceptions through its dedication to exploring and reviving rare works from the Italian bel canto period and from the middle decades of the 19th-century French tradition. By far the majority of Opera Rara recordings have been world premiere recordings. In many cases, Opera Rara will have rediscovered the work itself after decades (and, in some cases, over a century) of total neglect. Reviving such works requires patient and expert musicological endeavour to ensure that all sources are collated and compared, so that the best possible edition can be assembled, rehearsed and recorded.This compilation features excerpts from the works of the most significant composers who are at the centre of Opera Rara’s output: Donizetti, Rossini, Mercadante, Meyerbeer, Pacini and Offenbach. The excerpts are taken from the first Opera Rara recording by each composer and from the most recent. Opera Rara shines the spotlight on many of the stars who have recorded for the label over the years. The result is a fascinating and delightful survey of the richness that is Opera Rara. Featuring excerpts from: Donizetti’s Ugo conte di Parigi (1977) and Parisina (2008); Rossini’s Ricciardo e Zoraide (1990) and Ermione (2009); Meyerbeer’s Dinorah (1979) and Margherita d’Anjou (2002); Offenbach’s Robinson Crusoe (1980) and Vert-Vert (2008) and more.
‘An impressive overview of Opera Rara’s recordings from the first in 1977 to the most recent in 2010’ – Charles H Parsons, American Record Guide
Annick Massis, Jennifer Larmore, Bruce Ford, Toby Spence, Colin Lee, Carmen Giannattasio, Nelly Miricioiu, William Matteuzzi, Yvonne Kenny, Susan Patterson, Della Jones.